[sac-forum] Observing tonight?

  • From: Peter Argenziano <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 12:27:20 -0700

If you'd like to get out and do some deep sky observing tonight, you have lots of options. The list is likely narrowed down to two if you'd like some company.

Option #1 is at Five Mile Meadow, near Happy Jack. This will be the place to go if you want to be around a bunch of other amateur astronomers in the cool north country. This is the official SAC spot for this weekend. Complete details here: http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/Meadow-Directions.htm

Option #2: If you'd like to stay down along the desert floor, and don't mind having far fewer observing mates, you can head out to the Hovatter Road (aka Antenna) site. This place, if you don't already know is about 90 miles west of the I-17 / I-10 interchange in Phoenix.
Details here:  http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/db/antennae-handout.pdf

I was originally planning on option #1, but changes in my schedule have me exercising option #2. Maybe I'll see you there.

Peter