[sac-forum] Fw: University of Texas - Webcast on Mars Exploration Rover Mission

  • From: "Joseph R. Goss" <K7JRG@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:22:10 -0700

Got this from my friend in Indiana, thought it might be of interest..........Joe
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Patterson" <jmpsr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:05:50 -0500 (CDT)
To: jmpsr@xxxxxxxxxx
From: brian.zavala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Jeff Patterson,

A member of the NASA Mars Exploration Rover Mission Team, Dr. John Grotzinger from the California Institute of Technology, is giving a lecture on "The 2004 Mars Exploration Rover Mission: Evidence for Water and Prospects for Life" on Thursday, October 13, 2005.

We would like to invite members of your organization and/or visitors of your website to view our Live Webcast of the lecture, October 13, 2005 at 7 pm CST. If possible, you can post a link to this event on your website or forward the information to your members who may be very interested in this lecture. Our webcasts are very high quality, and viewers can submit questions to the speaker through our website. The webcasting software we use requires viewers to download a small plugin, but it is very simple and quick to install.

A link to the details of the lecture and the webcast could be found at:
http://www.esi.utexas.edu/outreach/ols/lectures/Grotzinger/grotzinger.html?pid=astgrp

A suitable website link could read "The 2004 Mars Exploration Rover Mission: Live Webcast on Oct. 13 at 7 PM CST".

Please let me know if you will consider sending this information to your members and/or posting this information on your website. Thank you!

Thanks for your time,

Brian Zavala
Environmental Science Institute
The University of Texas at Austin