[sac-forum] Re: Fw: Loss of one of your former members

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 21:06:47 -0700

I will be sure to pass this sad news along to Gerry Rattley, who does not have e-mail. I have kept copies of the Messier observing booklets that Wally authored, and was very appreciative of the inspiring work that Wally did in the early club years. He also conducted beginner's seminars at Jack Johnston's telescope shop in those days.

Gene Lucas
(17250)

Steve Coe wrote:

I have no doubt that many SAC members remember Wally and his excellent
drawing technique that he not only drew objects himself with such clarity
and beauty, but that he shared his techniques with anyone interested.

I also, received the Messier award from Wally.  It was a memorable day for
me.

I knew that he had been ill, Bob Buckner mentioned it at RTMC.  Very sorry
to hear of his passing, the club owes him a debt of gratitude for getting us
off on the right foot.

Steve Coe