[sac-forum] Re: Elementary School Star Party...

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 19:20:22 -0700

I'll see if I can get away from work early and help out. When thinking about
your targets keep in mind that 2 blocks over to the east is "Shaw Butte" the
mountain so eastern targets much lower than Mars may be tough. Unless you
like the "Boulder cluster" or the "Peak Nebula" J. While not a realistic
representation of how objects look at the eyepiece, maybe bringing along a
copy of Giles Sparrow's "Cosmos" could be helpful. Then again the book is so
big that if you do bring it there may not be much room left for your
telescope. Don't forget the Green Lasers, they are always a hit.

Thank you,

Jimmy Ray