[sac-forum] Cool space-related pictures

  • From: "Joe Macke" <joe01@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "SAC Forum" <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 04:53:19 -0700

I came across something cool and thought I would share it.  JPL has a
service they call The Planetary Photojournal.  From the web site's help
page:

"The Planetary Photojournal is your interface to the Planetary Image Archive
(PIA) contained within the Planetary Data System Imaging Node. As images are
added to the PIA, the Photojournal will aid you in finding your desired
image from this database by using a number of search mechanisms. In addition
to the photographic images you may have seen in magazines or television
broadcasts, the actual data used to create these images are also available.
"

They've got lots of images and videos, both recent and historical, that are
available on-line.  It might be a great resource, especially for the
teachers.

Clear skies and plentiful gasoline and no morons buying a half a gallon
"just in case."
Joe