[sac-forum] Call for Scopes! AZ Science Center/Phx Lander Event May 25th.

  • From: "Jennifer Polakis" <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "EVAC" <evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "SAC Forum" <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:53:53 -0700

Hi All,
We're still looking for a few more folks to come set up scopes at the Arizona Science Center in downtown Phoenix for their Mars Lander Event on Sunday May 25th. The Arizona Science Center will also have live coverage of the Lander***

There will be _free_ admission to the Arizona Science Center as well for those people who are setting up a scope. I think the lander touches down ~5pm so you'll have plenty of time to set up your scope after that.

The Arizona Science Center is located at 600 E. Washington within the Heritage & Science Park on 7th Street in-between Washington and Van Buren. Entrance to the Science Center's parking ramp is from the 5th Street or West side of Heritage Square. Bring in your parking ticket for validation.

www.azscience.org

The Monroe Street gate will be open to drive up on to the square to set up scopes @ ~7:00 pm. Monroe is just south of Van Buren, the gate is < 1/2 block West of 7th Street on the South side of the street. Set up by the entrance to the Science Center. You can leave your vehicle with you there. There are electrical outlets available if you need them.

For further information, or to let us know you'll be there please contact me, Jennifer Polakis 480.967.1658 M24@xxxxxxx or Mike George, Director of Theaters Arizona Science Center 602.716.2079 mikeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, if you're not at the RTMC (like me) please bring your scope and show folks some of what they've been missing! It is such a fun public observing outreach to set up there at the Science Center. It is so much FUN!

***
Phoenix Mars Lander Event
May 25, 2008
10 a.m. to 10 p.m

Celebrate the extraordinary event of the Phoenix Mars Lander touching down on the planet Mars with hands-on demonstrations, live coverage transmitted via NASA and commentary by the staff from the Center's Dorrance Planetarium, Phoenix Mars Mission and the University of Arizona.

Jennifer Polakis, VP

Saguaro Astronomy Club

480 967 1658

m24@xxxxxxx