[sac-forum] ALL AZ STAR PARTY Fri.Oct24&SatOct25

  • From: "Jennifer Polakis" <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sac-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 21:52:46 -0700

All astronomers are invited, please see Claude Haynes upon your arrival for a disclaimer form if you are not currently an East Valley Astronomy Club or Saguaro Astronomy Club member.

All Arizona Star Party!
The monsoon storms are almost over...
the skies are clearing again...
it's getting cooler...
It must be time for a big star party!
East Valley Astronomy Club invites you to attend the
2014 All-Arizona Star Party

Friday, October 24 and Saturday, October 25

Hovatter/Salome Airstrip Site   (South of I-10 and Hovatter Rd [Exit 53])
N 33° 34' 50" W 113° 35' 53"
Elevation: 1,378 ft. or about 420 m

EVAC is making a Chili Dinner Saturday Evening for $5.00--tickets will be available at the Joint SAC/EVAC Meeting featuring Fred Espenak Friday, October 10th 7:30 pm @ Gilbert Riparian Library, 775 N. Greenfield Road, Gilbert, 85234 (everyone welcome at the meeting) and also a limited number of tickets will be available at the star party.

There is also a raffle at dinner time Saturday, tickets are $1.00, 6 for $5.00. Jennifer Polakis will be selling tickets at the site Saturday. So far, we have prizes from Starizona , Corvus Optical, and Photon Instruments.

The only amenities on site are the Port-a-potties, Saturday Dinner, and the ALL NIGHT ALL AZ Coffee Tent; you will need to bring a means of eating, hydration, sun protection by day, cold protection (40-50degrees at night), observing, and sleeping (observing through the eyelid filters).

A map and directions to the Hovatter/Salome Airstrip (~90 miles west of Phx off I10), a dark sky isophote map, Attilla Danko's Clear Sky Chart, disclaimer, star party etiquette and everything you ever wanted to know about the ALL ARIZONA STAR PARTY can be found here: http://evaconline.org/aasp_2014.htm

For further questions please contact Claude Haynes, President East Valley Astronomy Club Claude.Haynes@xxxxxxxxxxx 480 221-5792