[sac-forum] Re: AD: SkyVIew Pro Mount Available

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 01:22:47 -0400

Bob;

I think it would be just fine for visual observing.  I had my Celestron 6
inch refractor on a Sirius mount for some time and it did OK.  The CGEM
mount was a somewhat more sturdy, but it is also much more expensive.  I
would think that your 5 incher from Photon would be near the same weight
at Tom's TV 101 triplet refractor.  The times I viewed through the TV 101
it was pretty well mounted on the SkyView Pro.

Clear skies;
Steve Coe