[sac-forum] A fun party

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 23:09:52 -0700

Howdy all;

Well, we had some rain during the pizza party, but it did not dampen the
party goers!

Chris showed up with some great prints from his astrophotos, lots of
terrific images of comets, clusters, nebulae and the Magellanic Clouds.

There was a short downpour right after I had finished the tour of my roll
off roof observatory.  Fortunately, the roof stayed closed at all times.

The pizza arrived and we dived in, the only time there was a lull in the
chatting.  I counted 20 people in attendance and I one or two arrived just
after the food.  We ate all put one piece of pizza and I was left with some
sodas and water.

Andrew showed up with a DVD he made from images he has taken over the years
at SAC star parties.  Some very interesting shots of us at a variety of
observing sites.

We talked about telescopes, astrophotos, places to go observe, objects to
observe once you are there and lots more.

It was certainly a fun evening, thanks to all who made time to show up and
join in.

Hope to see you for next weekend for the "Heck with the Monsoons" star
party;

Steve Coe