[sac-board] Transfering sac-treasurer from Paul to Al

  • From: Paul Dickson <sac-treasurer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:34:37 -0700

As part of the transition of the treasurery, I would like to transfer the
sac-treasurer address to Al.  This would cost about $15/per and needs
approval by the board.  The pobox.com addresses are simply reflectors; all
messages are immediately sent to their owner's mailbox at their ISP.

Currently this address is attached to my pobox.com account
(permanentmail.com is a domain owned by pobox.com).  It's possible that I
could redirect messages for sac-treasurer to Al, but that would add delays
for delivery (especially if my machine is offline) and subtract from my
dial-up bandwidth (as the message would have to be both downloaded and
then uploaded).  I would also like to delete the sac-treasurer from my
account so I can replace it with a different alias.

To avoid this, I would have to create another account in order for Al to
only receive the sac-treasurer messages (I doubt he'd like my other 900+
messages a day that I get if I added him to my account :-).

If the account were created, I'd have E-mail go to both Al and me for at
least the first month until member queries are settled.

I'll create the account with approval from the board (for spending the
money) and from Al (who will be using it).

I'm not aware of any spam going to this account.  If there is any, my
filters have been catching all of it.  All of the spam that I still see is
going to my permanentmail.com address (according to my logs, about 70 a
day).  It's possible that SAC's web site has too low of profile for
harvesting of E-mail addresses.

Board members please vote.