[sac-board] Remote Controller for Laptop

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 18:03:32 -0400

The current computer and projector setup at the SAC meeting involves having the
laptop computer at the front of the room so the speaker has access to PageUp
and PageDown keys for PowerPoint.  Unfortunately, doing this involves using a
long cable between the laptop and the projector.  In addition to this being an
inefficient way to set it up, the PageUp and PageDown (or spacebar, even) are
sometimes difficult for the speaker to find in the dark, and the cable runs
through a high-traffic area.

The solution is a presenter remote.  While I was a Target, I came across this
one, priced at $30.

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=AMP03US

It has the required features, including a laser pointer.  I shopped around the
Web, and after shipping, the Target price is competitive.  May I get reimbursed
~$34 from the SAC treasury, and I'll add it to the club's A/V supplies, for me
to bring to each meeting?  Thanks.

Tom