[sac-board] Re: Reach 11

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 00:09:20 -0700

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:50:15 -0700, Paul Dickson wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 20:32:03 -0700, Steve Coe wrote:
>
> > Sounds good, I will make up a flyer and make some copies for the next
> > meeting, we can put some freebies on the table.
>
> BTW - AZ 101 is scheduled to open "SUMMER 2001" from I-17 to
> Scottsdale Rd.  You might add this to whatever maps you make with the
> caption "if open" (which can be removed after it really opens).
>
> AZ 101 passes about 1/2 mile north of Reach 11.

I ended up driving across town Monday, and I took the 101.  I noticed
that there's now a major shopping center at Tatum and the 101 (NE
corner).  Dozens of stores and shops, a la Scottsdale Pavilion,
including Target and OfficeMax.

Also, the freeway is elevated, making for a great view of the
surrounding area.  No doubt, conversely, there's a great view of
passing headlights from the observing site.