[sac-board] Re: New SAC Meeting Location

  • From: "Wes Edens" <edensw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:35:10 -0700

Bad news, I'm afraid.  My contact here, a friend of Rick's wife, was =
mistaken.  I just spoke with our facilities department, and the room offer =
only extends to student groups.  I'm sorry to take this off the table, but =
there it is.
It turns out, according to our facilities manager, that the group that =
Rick's wife, and her Thunderbird friend belong to, is a student group.
While we might be able to fight this, saying that SAC is open to students =
as well, I'm not sure it would be worthwhile, and without official =
sanction, it wouldn't be a viable long-term solution.
I'm sorry for raising expectations--I was certainly excited about meeting =
only a few blocks from my house!
The only ideas I have are perhaps the public libraries (although meeting =
space might not be open on a continuing basis) or maybe Glendale Community =
Center North, on 59th Ave, near my School.  I'm not sure if the Community =
Center North is available for clubs, but I know there have been various =
classes held there before.  I'm not sure about the capacity.
How about Glendale Community College?
Wes

>>> Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 07/31/02 12:26PM >>>
At the July meeting Rick Tejera mentioned the possibility of a meeting
location at Thunderbird (59th Ave and Greenway) via Wes Edens.

If this site is still viable, would it be possible for the board members
(and others who are interested) to see the meeting room(s) before the
August board meeting.  We are paid through October at GCU so we don't have
to decide before then, but it would be a good idea to look as soon as
possible.  But at the October meeting, will we have to decide whether to
renew our position at GCU or move on.

Wes,

  you can join the discussion (if any) at SAC-Board by using this URL:

        mailto:sac-board-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=3Dsubscribe=20

and later, to unsubscribe: