[sac-board] Re: Joint SAC/EVAC guest speaker...

  • From: "Glen Walker" <gwcr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:05:09 -0700

I am no longer a member of SAC, but I see a great opportunity here. Back in
2000 Alex Filippenko made a great 16 DVD course in astronomy for The
Teaching Company. I have a copy of that course. I'm pretty sure that there
must be hundreds of individuals in Arizona that also have a copy and I'll
bet each and everyone of those individuals would be happy to pay to see a
lecture by Prof. Filippenko. I know I would.

That course has been updated twice since 2000.

I'll also bet that the Teaching Company would be more than happy to alert
everyone in Arizona that has purchased the $800 course,or any of their
related courses, with the date and time of the event. They send me an email
once a month alerting me to events that will take place in the next month
that is related to any course I have purchased.

This wouldn't hurt the membership of either SAC or EVAC, and no one would
think anything about an admission fee to see such an accomplished speaker.

Go to www.teach12.com to review the course. I have the latest set of lessons
and if someone is willing to sign in blood, I'll let you review them at your
leisure.

Glen Walker

I'm sure that there are numerous