[sac-board] Heads Up

  • From: "AJ Crayon" <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "SAC Bored" <SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 17:30:01 -0700

Here's some information about the award for SACs 1000 New objects.  As a
reminder this is a deep sky award for observing 1000 new objects that aren't in
SACs other observing programs.  As a result the award consists of the standard
telescope plate, a 6"X8" plaque and a book of choice by the recipient.  The
cost for this award is not to exceed $100.00.  This prices was agreed to by the
Board back in 1993 (such a long time ago) when the first award was presented to
Steve Coe.  So far only Joe Goss, 2005 and David Hofland 2009 have completed
this prestigious award.
Reason for this posting is because our good friend and observing partner
Richard Harshaw has completed this program . . . along with the Multiple Star,
Urban List, Best of the NGC and Best of the non-NGC programs.  So I'll be busy
checking for a while.  But I wanted the board to know about this so if there
are questions they can be taken care of ahead of time instead of discussing
when the awards are ordered.

Comments?

AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ