[sac-board] Grand Canyon Star Party

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 18:33:36 -0700

Board, et al,

This year at the 2010  Grand Canyon Star Party, the astronomers got dry (due
to hot winds mostly) each night and some found the long grind taxing on
their physical prowess.

To that end, I would like to see SAC support the 2011 GCSP-NR event by
donating a large Coleman Cooler and providing crushed ice and a couple of
cases of bottled water and some granola bars (or other fast energy snack)
for the astronomers next year who work so diligently on the Lodge veranda
and have little or no time to get away for a drink or a snack.

I suspect we can get a cooler for under $50 and it will probably run us
about $10 a day for ice plus the cost of a case or two of bottled water per
night-total star party about $300 or so per year.

Please let me know your thoughts on this idea. If you concur, I will
authorize Steve Dodder to purchase a cooler and plan on having ice and
bottled water for his team next year.

Richard Harshaw

Cave Creek, Arizona

"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring... so I go back to
being me."