[sac-board] [Fwd: Pot Luck Star Party this Saturday]

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:34:19 -0800

Yesterday I sent the message below to SAC Announce about the pot luck
star party at my place this Saturday. I am subscribed to SAC Announce,
but it does not seem to have gone through. Could someone post this for
me in SAC Announce? It may  be that there is a problem with my
subscription.
As of today from my place I see a small smoke plume quite far out to the
east that is only visible through my binoculars. Again, I do not think
the Cherry Burn will be a problem this Saturday in the least.

Thank you.
Stan

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:55:35 -0800
From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: sac-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Pot Luck Star Party this Saturday

The fire near Cherry that is now out of control may have raised some
concerns about attending the SAC pot luck star party at my place this
Saturday evening, June the 21st. At this point in time I do not see
anything to be concerned about. My place is about 15 miles west of  the
fire, whereas the Cherry Road Observing site is a lot closer, about 5
miles east of it. At the time of the writing of this note (10:56 pm), I
do not see a glow, not even the faintest, of a fire to the east. This
was not the case with regard to the fire southwest of Prescott a year or
two ago. That fire was 8 miles away but residents here (I was not here
at the time) thought it was going to jump over the mountain to the west
because of the red glow. This fire, the Cherry fire, is about 15 miles
away and there is no glow at all.

I do not think there will be a problem this Saturday.
Stan