[sac-board] Re: Favicon for SAC's web page

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:31:13 -0700

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:42:39 -0700, Gene A. Lucas wrote:

> Viewing Paul D.'s tests tonite with Netscarp 4.72:
> (Oops! What icons?? the attached files got stripped:
> "-- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Ecartis --
> -- Type: image/png
> -- File: saguaro.png")

Which is why I refered to the web pages (the icon itself did get through
to Stan).  If you want to see the icon, you need Mozilla or IE 6.  Look at
this JPEG to see how the icon is used (hint: it's the little green
saguaro):

        http://www.cybertrails.com/~dickson/web-page.jpg

> BTW, I got the "old" web page layouts when I viewed www.saguaroastro.org from
> work today, both with IE 5.5 and Netscrape 4.72.  Do I need to do a "refresh"
> or
> reload to get the updated layouts (Stan's pages) or is something else going
> I will try again tomorrow from work.

Depends of your settings.  If you have your brower to only use its cached
values, then you'll need to do a refresh.  But this is not the default.
Perhaps you're working through a proxy, which of course means the proxy's
settings are out of your control.  Of course, this also depends on what
you mean by "old" web page.  Stan was doing a lot of minor changes today,
most were not visible from the homepage.