[sac-board] Re: [AZ-Observing] SAC Novice Group info

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 14:49:51 -0700

Steve Coe wrote:

> 1)  Are you willing to have your name and email address posted in a members
> only area of the SAC web site?
> If no, then send that answer to me and I will delete you from the list and
> nothing else is needed of you, thanks for your time.  I understand completely
> if you are uneasy about having your name and email posted to the site.  I
> guess I am just lucky, I get very little spam anymore, so it shows up like a
> small price to pay.

Steve,
Might as well put my name down. One's email address is not much of a
secret with the internet. Have you ever done a Yahoo search on your own
name? I did on 'Gorodenski' and was shocked to find what came up. I
found the name 'Gorodenski' associated with Princes, on research papers
in Russia and Germany, and other things that are not me. The stuff that
is me included my communications on another list (non-astronomical
related) which has my email address, the SAC Board list that although it
does not have my email address I was surprised to find these
communications there for everyone to read, my past contributions to RTMC
and IAPPP, and other things. I even found a private communication from
AJ I was not aware of to three other individuals. It showed up in Yahoo
because my name was mentioned in the email a number of times. The email
was about the April 2000 Messier Marathon. This is the marathon that
many did not attend because of the rain that weekend, but I had a
feeling it would be a good night. It was. I was surprised to read AJ
admitting he had egg on his face (-:  Ah. The wonders of the internet.
Stan