[ryerson_index] Re: Notice Scans

  • From: Sandra Skinner <sandraskinner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ryerson_index@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:55:51 +1100

On 2/01/2017 11:30 AM, John Graham wrote:

Over the years, Ryerson has accumulated a lot of scans of notices. I've never counted them, but I'd guess there is somewhere more than one million notices. That is a huge resource, which up to now has only been used to drive our lookup service. For those of us with access to all the scans, it is also a very valuable research aid for our own research.

We have now reached a stage where it is possible to make all the scans available to all members of Ryerson Index Inc, via Dropbox.

This doesn't mean you need more Dropbox space - we can't make the scans available as shared files (ie where you keep a copy of all of them on your hard drive) because this would blow everyone's Dropbox space allocation out of the water. But we can provide you with a link to the files in Dropbox, so that you can go in and look at any of them, and, if you wish, you can copy individual files to your hard drive.

Here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ddun3nuw57d3dw/AADnDKQdZuF6t3AUc71csulYa?dl=0

(for anyone already accessing NewsCorp, Fairfax or Il Globo scans, this new link will become the only link to use.)

Initially, the folder contains current issues of all the main NewsCorp papers, plus Fairfax majors (SMH and Age). Il Globo will be moved in shortly.

Over the next few months I'll be adding more and more scans to this Dropbox folder - I'm really waiting for a special offer from Dropbox, when they offer the Pro version (which has 1 Tb of disk space) at a discount. So if you spot such an offer, please let me know <g>

Happy hunting!

John

Hi John ,

Currently being told there is too much traffic in this account, error 429. Can't access the Il Globo scans. Sandra