[ryerson_index] More ACM Papers available

  • From: John Graham <johngrah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ryerson_index@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 00:31:55 +1000

I recently came across an ACM daily tucked away in the NLA eResources, and on further digging found two more.

All seem to date from mid-September 2021, so it seems ACM might be doing the right thing, and making at least some of their papers available. We can only hope.

I have downloaded a good supply of issues for these three papers, and they are now available in the RNR. I have also added them to my ongoing list of daily saves.

So - we need indexers! These are all papers we have indexed before, but until now we had lost our feed. So there will be a gap in our coverage, but at least they are now back on track. Each paper is daily Mon-Sat, and has roughly 50 notices per week, with a concentration on Saturday. Only death and funeral notices, no legals, and a tiny number of obits.

They would be particularly suitable for relatively new indexers - small volumes, nothing complicated, and good clean copy.

The papers are:

Ballarat Courier (code BL) - issues available in RNR from 18 Sep 2021

Border Mail (code BM) - issues available in RNR from 1 Jan 2022

Burnie Advocate (code BV) - issues available in RNR from 1 Jan 2022

If you would like to take on one of these papers, please claim it through the list, so others know it has been claimed. Indexing can start immediately.

First in best dressed!

John