[rurallife] Re: [rlc_announce] Days Gone By - HELP NEEDED

  • From: Sylvia McQuire <s.mcquire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 18:39:41 +0100

Hi Chris,
I will be taking my son to the RLC on Sat about 2.30pm so can help on entry gate if required, never had a go at car parking but there's always a "first"!
Sylvia
On 30/05/2014 12:43, Chris Shepheard wrote:
This weekend is a fairly big event for the museum as as it is two days and
the weather looks set reasonably fair, we could see a lot of visitors.

However there is one big snag: CSVAC, the organisers, booked the adjoining
field for car parking but the farmer has double booked the space for a
caravan rally! As a result we will only have half the space we need for
overflow parking.

We're pretty sure we can manage as long as everybody coming parks sensibly
and that is where YOU can help.

If you can spare a couple of hours on either (or both!) days please come
along and help with parking the visitors so that we can get as many in the
available space as possibl.

Also if you'd be prepared to help man the entry gate that would be useful
too. We have a shortage of available staff for that position particularly on
Saturday afternoon.

Because of the parking problem we have had to move the car boot sale
location for Sunday. It is now back in its original position of many years
ago - just inside the main gate on the right. Again space will be limited
though. If you can help with organising the parking for the sellers and
buyers on Sunday morning that would be great too.

I think with any luck and a following wind we should be alright. With your
help this could be a very busy and successful weekend for the museum. I hope
to see you all(!) there.

Thanks,
Chris

Please remember what you post to this list is seen by volunteers, staff and
interested members of our public. Also, to avoid delay, ensure you post to the
list from the email address with which you are subscribed.

Chris Shepheard - list administrator