[rurallife] Re: A Black (out) Christmas!

  • From: "NAsflock" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "NAsflock@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 09:56:37 +0000

Hi Chris........any electricity yet?
Noel

Sent from Samsung Mobile

<chris.shepheard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> </div><div>Date:17/12/2014  6:15 PM
[rurallife] A Black (out) Christmas! </div><div>

My apologies for being somewhat pre-occupied during the Christmas
lunch today. I'm afraid that power still hadn't been restored by 5pm
and it looks like we could be without it for some time (the generator
will hopefully be fixed or replaced soon but the underlying fault will
take much longer I understand).

I hope you all had a good lunch and I'd like to thank you all very
sincerely for such sterling work over what has been a rather trying
year.

However I think next year looks like it should be a busy one for the
museum with exciting new projects afoot, the possibility of us
receiving the Queen's Award for Voluntary Achievement and some other
possible changes in the pipeline.

One other thing I forgot to mention this morning is the looming
deadline for next Newsletter - it's January 5th. So what better
occupation could you have over the "boring" Christmas break than
jotting down a few lines to help fill it.

I'd love to have some more of your Favourite Artefacts, your thoughts
on some of the 2014 events and happenings (Santa, Frimley Cycle
Workshop, new displays, coping with the blackouts [today and during
Activity Thursday] or any of your own, outside the museum, memories
you'd like to share with others).

Anybody fancy writing about the importance of Gift Aid and how
introducing it on the admission price will help the museum? How about
something on the railway's importance to us and how we all hope Eloise
gets through her major overhaul successfully? Even an article on the
trials and tribulations of getting insurance for a blast furnace would
make interesting reading.

Please either email them to me at rural.life@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or drop
them in the post (the address is on the back of every issue).

Don't worry too much about illustrations as I can probably find
something appropriate though if you do have a photograph or drawing so
much the better.

Thanks you once again and I look forward to seeing all in the new
year. The museum will reopen on Wednesday January 7th though if you're
passing please do call in - the more people who drop in unannounced
the better it is for our security.

If you want to come in and work before the 7th please check with John,
Helen or me by 'phone to make sure that one of us will be around to
let you in. The numbers are in the directory.

Happy Christmas to you all and best wishes for a more peaceful and
trouble-free 2015.

Chris

--

Chris Shepheard writing as himself