Re: frankenlibc preview

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: Justin Cormack <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:11:47 +0000

On 25/02/15 00:00, Justin Cormack wrote:
There is not yet a compiler wrapper, but actually it is very simple to
compile stuff for it as it provides its own crt, libc, you just need
to add the extra libs, eg:

${CC} -static -nostdinc -Brump/lib -Irump/include -Lrump/lib -lc
${RUMP_LDLIBS} -lfranken test/hello.c -o bin/test

I tried it.  It works.  Unbelievable technology.

I think you have created the worlds largest hello world ;)

I immediately managed to optimize its size from 2MB to 800kB by not linking in file systems, the networking stack, etc. Arguably those are not needed by your standard "hello world" application.