How to configure serial console

  • From: Andrew Stuart <andrew.stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users <rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 09:52:46 +1000

I want to send the kernel output to the serial console.

Is there any documentation I can refer to for the way to configure this?

I’m doing it in EC2 HVM so the closest parallel is kvm/qemu

I suspect I need to add some parameters to the kernel load command arguments in
grub.

I’ve searched pretty hard for examples but can’t find any and I’ve also done
lots of fairly random copying of the way Linux kernels arguments are handled in
grub for serial consoles but so far no luck.

thanks

as