[rsc] June/July trainings

  • From: kdenobriga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:08:26 -0400 (EDT)

This is a request for RSC facilitators, veteran and emerging, to do a series of
summer trainings, linking a day-long workshop to CAPP projects in general and
in particular (the application for the next round will be available in a few
weeks, September deadline probable).

The urgency is to encumber all the remaining Ford funds (Carolyn is getting
exact amount, but around $10K) by APRIL 30.

Trainings coming up:  are you interested in leading, or co-leading?  Please
respond to the list by April 23 so we can "cast the show."

In MOST cases, the event runs like this:
• Friday:  strategic planning conversation (process TBD) and dinner; hanging
out.
• Saturday: 9:30-4:30 RSC Training (agenda to be developed collaboratively)
• dinner
• evening -- sharing of work; more hanging out.

We have a budget to pay facilitators and shadows (ie, people who have applied
to be RSC facilitators) + travel.
The confirmed times are:

June 6-7  in Charlotte  -- April Turner, host  ??

June 13-14 in Charleston (Gwylene available but probably not able to take the
lead because of "The Future is On the Table."

June 20-21  New Orleans

June 27-28 Atlanta

some time in mid-July:  Miami and Lexington KY

WE NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT SOMEONE is also on the ground to organize things.
(space, food, promotion ---- getting people there (ie, the host) .  This is not
the job of the Lead Facilitator, as we've practiced it.)