[rollei_list] which 35mm Rollei SLR ?

  • From: Frederic Fichter <ffichter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:49:20 +0100

Why not ? I will need another 35mm body later this year anyway. I was thinking about buying another FM2 but if I can find a Rollei equivalent (1/1000 sec and high speed flash sync are not mandatory, but I would enjoy a fully mechanical camera) that's even better.

What is the 35mm Rollei SLR I should look for ?
What fast lenses with 28/35/50mm focal lengths can offer significantly better results than their Nikon counterpart (good ol' AIS primes) ?

Are the Rollei cameras made in Singapore built to the same standards than their german cousins ?

Fred Fichter Web : http://homepage.mac.com/ffichter

On Jan 20, 2006, at 10:22 AM, Nick Roberts wrote:

Or you could always buy an old 35mm Rollei SLR....