[rollei_list] Re: unsuscribe and the Kalart Focuspot for Rollei laser rangefinder use

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 05:11:36 -0700

On Monday, June 09, 2008, at 11:51PM, <Choiliefan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>Richard,
>Been wondering if a laser pointer could be aimed through that top port on
>the Graphic's Kalart rangefinder and work the same way as the bulb  attachmet?
>My Anniversary Speed Graphic needs new mirrors and calibration otherwise  I'd
>try it.
>Off topic but a refreshing.
>"Unsuscribe"?  Who proof reads and edits this stuff?
>(^:
>Health, Peace
>Lance
>Selma, NC 27576
I've used laser pointers with rangefinders for focusing and they work well.
Surprisingly you can also use them with SLR's. If you have a micro prism part
in the focusing screen you will get a pattern of dots which will converge when
you have focus. Aiming accurately enough to use a split image screen is
difficult, but I have succeeded using a Rollei TLR where the screen is large
enough for accurate aim.
All the best
Larry Cuffe