[rollei_list] Re: [rolleiusers] Schneider Xenotar 80/2.8 re-released?

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:08:20 -0300 (ART)

Hi Thor:
         Rollei website has been designed again last
year completely, I visit the site from several years
ago;in fact after the new design the site lost info
very much, i.e there was a PDF document containing
impressive technical info about each lens, this
document hasn't been reloaded again, it's evident that
they are reloading info from the old web site archives
now, I think this is the explanation for "new"
discontinued lenses in the website. I visited B&H New
York and AC in Germany and they are not selling the
Xenotar 2.8/80 PQS, since these shops are very
important Rollei products sellers, I think it's clear
the lens is not in production now.
The URL for Rollei online shop (it's necessary to
choose mittelformat Kameras, there are at least 12 web
pages for the products in this category):
http://www.buyrollei.de/

All the best
Carlos
--- Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx> escribió:
> Hi Carlos,
>
> I haven't seen their online shop, but on their
> homepage (Germany) the
> lens is listed, in PQS version. I've visited the
> site regularly since
> last year, and I never saw this lens listed. The AF
> version showed up
> one day, but not the manual focus one. And last I
> looked (a month ago)
> there was suddenly a manual focus one as well (not
> previously listed
> there). Maybe one of the sites has messed up. What
> is the URL to the
> shop? Regardless, it's nice to see that a so highly
> regarded lens is
> back in production.
>
> I was lucky to obtain the Xenotar 80/2, although if
> I hadn't I would
> probably still be looking for a Xenotar 80/2.8.
>
> Regards,
> Thor
>
> On 13. mai. 2005, at 00.31, Carlos Manuel Freaza
> wrote:
>
> > Thor:
> >       Rollei offers several MF lenses for the 6000
> > series in their Online shop and there is no a
> Xenotar
> > 2.8/80 PQS manual focus lens. There is the Xenotar
> > 2/80 PQ manual focus lens, also the Planar 2.8/80
> > manual focus and there is the Xenotar AF 2.8/80,
> this
> > AF Xenotar can be used like manual focus lens for
> the
> > 6001 and 6008 cameras and then it does not make
> sense
> > to produce again the 2.8/80 PQS manual Focus. I
> think
> > the lens in the Rollei home website is from an old
> > catalog maintained along several years without
> > changes, at least Rollei don't sell this lens
> now.-
> >
> > All the best
> > Carlos

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

> with
> into www.freelists.org

A tu celular ¿no le falta algo?
Usá Yahoo! Messenger y Correo Yahoo! en tu teléfono celular.
Más información en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar