[rollei_list] Re: rollei books

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:38:29 -0500

Per Einar:

I have Weyer's "Rollei Fototechnik" book. Beautiful huge coffeetable or "hit-the-burglar-over-the-head" book usually sold at a phenomenally cheap price. I wished someone did one like that with just current TLR photography.

Weyer's slide shows must be something. You can see his 2007 schedule here:
http://www.helfried-weyer.de/willkommen.html
He is to Rollei what Walther Benser was to Leica.

The book by Heydemann/Mueller-Karch (Das Goldene Buch der Gebrauchsfotografie, Teil II: Mittelformat. Technik und Anwendung am Beispiel der Rollei SL 66. Verlag Laterna magica/Joachim F. Richter) is not as well illustrated as the 35mm part, which uses the Contarex System as an example and which I own. Less well illustrated and usually overpriced. I looked at a copy at Foyles in London in 2004.

Jan

On 25 Nov 2007, at 02:24, FreeLists Mailing List Manager wrote:
Jan
BTW. I also have another Rollei book that doesen't fit in my shelf as
it is to big:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=290184323241&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80% 2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle% 3D290184323241%26fvi%3D1
A very nice Rollei book, which I can recommend.
Per  Einar