[rollei_list] Re: resetting the meter movement on an F camera

  • From: todd belcher <todd_belcher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:22:23 -0700

What do you mean when you say "by opening the assembally on the end of the knob"? Do you mean you took the meter movement out of the focus knob? If so (assuming an F camera),take the meter movement out again, set the camera to f22, 1/500th of a sec and the 'filter factor / ASA' knob to 0 filter factor / DIN 15 and then put the meter movement back in the focus knob.

todd

On 1-May-06, at 9:28 AM, Jeff Dilcher wrote:

Must be the F model then.  Being an idiot, I managed to de-couple
this by my own stupidity, by opening the assembally on the end
of the knob.

Though it looks like it should be easy to re-couple this, I just
couldn't seem to do it.  Thought that they could fix it when I
have it CLA'd.

Are the meters somewhat adjustable?  Or, can they be calibrated?

Maybe Harry can calibrate it for me...

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 09:17:07AM -0700, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
Jeff,

Only the F model of the Rolleiflex has a coupled linkage 'tween
the meter and the aperture and shutter speed knobs.

Which model of Rolleiflex do you have?

Jerry

Jeff Dilcher wrote:

I have a rolleiflex TLR with a light meter built in.

I think that the meter works, but the linkage, in side the knob,
is disengaged from the aperature/shutter.

I was thinking of having this looked at when I do a CLA.

Are these meters any good, or more of a novelty?  Anyone use
theirs, or do most people use a seperate meter?  Any idea
the angles that it obtains it's reading from?

Thanks for any comments on these...

Jeff

--- Rollei List

--- Rollei List