[rollei_list] Re: not much activity

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:22:19 -0500

Frédéric, you missed last week. It was hot and heavy on Contrast and Resolution!

Death Before Digital.

I met the polar opposite yesterday. The city's economic dev. coucil sent a photog to my shop for their upcoming brochure and he was equipped with some massive Canon digital and some pretty big lenses (all L series). He couldn't switch to digital fast enough he said, and mumbled something about slides ending up lost under the bed... He does great work, and was pretty good getting his shots without getting in the way.

What I never realized until I saw it in person, is how big the digital rigs are. Makes the Rolleiflex look like a pocketable camera.

E.

On Nov 14, 2007, at 6:59 AM, Peter J Nebergall wrote:

My Rolleis and My Leicas are more than adequate for me...

Peter Nebergall

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:50:32 -0500 fsilberman@xxxxxxx writes:
Hi,

I've not looked at the list in a while & am surprised to see so
little
activity! Either evertbody is busy shooting with their Rolleis or
they
have gone digital. Just wondering do many of you shoot with the
Rollei
& shoot a digital as well? Which do you use for what? My print lab
scans everything now, can't say I like the looked of the prints as
much, as they tend to oversharpen:(

Look forward to hearing from some of you

Frédéric

http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm? ncid=
aolcmp00050000000003

'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org