[rollei_list] Re: film development in Germany

  • From: "jayers" <jayers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 09:54:23 -0700

Why would you not bring it back?
Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of dnygr
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 7:25 AM
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] film development in Germany

I need your help with getting film processed in Germany.

In the near future, I'll be in Germany. I like to shoot with Delta 3200, =
but
I will not bring with me from the states. I'll have a friend buy it for =
me
in Germany. I could either fed-ex it back to the states and develop it
myself, or I could have it processed in Germany.

My question is where are the reliable labs that could do this for me. =
All
suggestions are welcome.

One problem is that I'm not certain exactly where I will be. I'll =
probably
be in Bielefeld for a while, but then I could be anywhere--Hamburg, =
Berlin,
Muenchen.=20

My German is strong enough that I don't need a lab that speaks English. =
But
I do need a lab that has experience processing Delta 3200 shot at 1000.

Any help is appreciated.

Best--Doug Nygren

From: Jan Decher <jan.decher@xxxxxxx>
Date:  Wed, 4 May 2005 09:49:34 -0700

>David and Dan:
>
>I have hexagonal Novoflex Bellows designed to use SL66 lenses on 35mm =
SLRs.
>It's quite large because of the diameter of the SL66 bayonet.  It uses
>standard Novoflex 35mm SLR adapters on the back.  I had extensive
>communication with R. Hiesinger at Novoflex if they could modify the =
back
>to accomodate my Contax 645 body. I thought it would be cool to use the
>5.6/250 or 5.6/500 SL66 lenses on the Contax.  Hiesinger said it could =
not
>be done.  The bellows even in compressed position are too thick to get
>infinity focus with SL66 lenses on the Contax.
>
>However, you should be able to use a variety of SL66 lenses (esp. 4/50,
>2.8/80, 4/150) for Macro in Hasselblad/Pentax 67/Exakta 66, Mamyia 645 =
etc
>using their various MF adapters on their universal bellows BALPRO 1 or
>their new tilt/shift bellows BALPRO T/S (see
>http://www.novoflex.de/english/html/products.htm). Unfortunately the =
SL66
>lens adapter for the front of these bellows is 199 EURO list price.
>Jan
>
>Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 08:55:46 -0700
>From: David Seifert <dseifert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Dan,
>Ah, now I understand the question.  The SL66 lenses are not readily
>usable on any other body.  The System 6000 cameras do not have internal
>shutter mechanisms so the SL66 lens will not be usable.  I guess it
>would be possible to mount an SL66 lens on a bellows for a Hasselblad
>with a focal plane shutter but this would certainly not be a good way =
>demonstrate the lens.
>Yes, for a store to effectively demonstrate an SL66 lens only an SL66
>family body will do.
>David
>

>---
>Rollei List
>
>- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'=20
>in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org

>- Online, searchable archives are available at
>//www.freelists.org/archives/rollei_list

=20

=20

=20