[rollei_list] Re: What do I have?

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 13:16:51 -0300 (ART)

I have and I use a 2.8C Xenotar my father bought brand
new in 1956 and then I have some info about it.
The 2,8C has five blades for the shutter and ten
blades for the diaphragm.
The Xenotar lens was used for the 2.8C from the
beginning till the end, December 1952 to June 1955,
the Zeiss Planar from March 1954 to June 1955, however
when the Planar was used the Xenotar was also used
with the Planar indistinctly and then there are no
specific cameras serial numbers for Planar or Xenotar
(except that the earlier 2.8C must be Xenotar), the
evidence is my own camera, it has the serial number
1433112 (close to the final batch) and a Xenotar lens.
I don't know the source for the Harry's site, but I
wrote him about it some years ago and he accepted
there were some errors.

I don't know about 2.8C with metal locks, they are
plastic made and Rollei no longer manufactured them
for the TLR because they tend to break more easy than
the metal ones.-

All the best
Carlos

--- Douglas Keljikian <d.keljikian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
escribió:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have been a member of this list for a short time
> and thank you all for my
> having  benefitted from much of the information and
> opinions you've
> expressed regarding Rolleiflex cameras.  This is my
> very first posting and I
> need your help.
>
> One of my most favorite tools is a Rolleiflex 2.8 C
> (type 1), or at least I
> think that's what I have.  Here are the facts.
>
> The body serial number is #1285371 but it sports a
> Xenotar lens with a six
> bladed iris (#3238405). Although the lens is of
> proper vintage and
> construction, according to Harry Fleenor's site this
> camera should have a
> Planar objective.  The other conflicting feature is
> that the synch and
> shutter locks are both metal and appear to be
> original.  I thought that all
> 2.8 C's had plastic locks.
>
> Other identifying features that may or may not be
> relevant are: the back
> door has a seasonal exposure guide in German, and
> there is no factory
> provision for 35mm film i.e., no counter knob built
> into the body for the
> smaller format.
>
> I am interested to know about this variation.
>
> Warm Regards,
>
> Doug Keljikian

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into