[rollei_list] Re: Well, this looks pretty tasty for as MF photographers

  • From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:16:27 -0700

Yes, that was the first review I saw that excited me so much.  I was ready
to spring when I started reading a lot of user comments comparing what they
got from their 4990 and not all that excited.  I tried extensive testing
with my 4990 concerning height of the neg and found that the holder, with no
addt'l height, gave me the sharpest neg with a holder, and flat on the glass
even a tiny bit sharper.  Too bad the latter has Newton rings everywhere!

Richard S.

On 9/25/06, Jeff Kelley <thocker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Richard,

I had the same reaction as you a few months back and have stuck with the
4990, however, I just looked at that link and on the last page or so he
talks about having finally discovered info on adjusting the height of the
film holders and it made a world of difference for him.  Hmmmm.

From the Conclusion page of that review:

"The quality of scans I was achieving at the start of this review were as
good, if not better than I had expected, although not a marked improvement
over the Epson 4990 scans. The one small thing that puzzled me was the
Film
Height Adjusters, I had never seen these before, and using the search
facility on the User Guide I couldn't find any reference to them (the
information is there, but buried). My first tests were with them On or Off
and the results were not that spectacular different. An e-mail was sent to
me explaining the permutations and be-hold a bright light shone on the
V700.
I was totally bowled over with the quality of scans, they even surpassed
my
Nikon 4000 scans."

-Jeff-

>From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Well, this looks pretty tasty for as MF
>photographers
>Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:45:37 -0700
>
>I was VERY excited when I first heard of this scanner, but after reading
>many reviews and user comments it seems it's only a tiny incremental
>benefit
>over my 4990, so for now I've stuck with that.
>
>Richard S.
>
>On 9/25/06, Jeffery Smith <jls@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%20V700/page_1.htm
>>

>>---
>>Rollei List
>>
>>- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>>- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'
>>in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org

>>- Online, searchable archives are available at
>>//www.freelists.org/archives/rollei_list

--- Rollei List