[rollei_list] Re: WKHR: Keep the Music Alive

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 10:46:59 -0400

At 10:21 AM 4/17/2012, Robert Meier wrote:
>I think NPR is just fine.

Good for you. The point about WKHR is that they are NOT NPR and are not FOX and have no political agenda. They do not do news. They just do music. Give us a break and let's not get off on another tangent. I only ask our Rollei people to give a contribution to the only surviving public broadcasting station in the US. WKHR is the background music for my existence, 24/7, they play Big Band and Swing. This is a unique station and deserves to be preserved just as do British Buttner Pipe Reamers and Whitowrth Threads. I have never before asked the Rollei Folks to contribute and I usually get offended when someone asks this Scottish-heritage soul to give, but, well, this is my home station, for the all of it, and they receive, unlike NPR, not one dime of gummit funding. Just the music, ma'am, and nothing more, as Jack Webb would have said, back in the day. Richard Knoppow can tell us all about Jack Webb and his various radio shows (there were three of them) and his various side-kicks (I believe there were three of them, though Richard understands the transition from the radio 'DRAGNET" to the TV "DRAGNET" much better than I do.

In the end, I simply ask you to give money to WKHR at <http://www.wkhr.org>

Be well, Rollei People!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx