[rollei_list] Re: Tripod mount for pre-grooved mounting ring

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:15:31 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenneth Frazier" <kennybod@xxxxxxx>
To: <rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:52 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Tripod mount for pre-grooved mounting ring

As I understand it, using the Rolleifix requires having the tripod
mounting ring with the grooved edge. What was used before the
grooved edge was introduced? Was there a version of the Rolleifx
that didn't require the grooves?

Ken

The grooved base was introduced around 1953. New backs with this base were made available for earlier cameras. I can't make out from Prochnow when the Rolleifix was introduced, it says 1956 in one place but I think this must be for an improved model. Someone with much better German than I have can, perhaps, find a better date.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx