[rollei_list] Tripod

  • From: James Davis <jamesd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 18:22:30 +0100

Jan Decher wrote:

> Welcome.  Great way to buy a Rolleiflex.  I also love some of the pics
> on your website, especially the ones from St. David's Cathedral in
> Pembrokeshire.  I hope you return there with the Rolleiflex and show us
> what a Zeiss (or Schneider) lens can do with the intricate detail in
> that gorgeous space.

Thanks, I took those (mostly) hand held with a compact digital camera.
I'm hoping that I'd be as successful hand held with my Rolleiflex as a
tripod requires prior permission from the Dean of the Cathedral (not
that this is particularly difficult to get).

The lighting is particularly difficult as I'm sure you can imagine, it's
dark with only what natural light comes through the windows (and never
falling where you'd prefer it to!). Still, it's one of my favorite
buildings and I admire it's comparative simplicity with other Cathedrals.

Back on topic, how do you mount a Rolleiflex on a tripod? I already have
two tripods with quick release fittings, do I simply need to find a
quick release adapter or is it more complicated than that?

James