[rollei_list] Re: The Fourth of July

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 13:43:24 -0700

Dear Tory,

Thanks for the Revisionist history lesson.;-)

God Bless the USA!

From a loyal American
Jerry Lehrer

On 7/3/2012 11:54 PM, Marc James Small wrote:
For our non-USian members, the Fourth of July is our day of national independence here in the Great Republic. Understand, please, that my own people in the Appalachians were intensely loyal to the Crown until George's misspent ministers sent those Native American Agrarian Reformers in to attack their settlements. Dumb idea. I suspect that my people, then the Frasers and the Minnears, were rather unhappy at the idea of independence from London. They just wanted these attacks to stop.