[rollei_list] Re: Thanksgiving

  • From: "Sam B. Anson" <sam.anson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:13:13 +0000

Emmanuel's  comments and concerns about "importing" yet another worthless
American custom, Halloween, are well founded. It will contribute nothing the
social fabric of France.

 Back in the day when I was a  kid it was a low key, non - commercial event for
children Now it has been exploited and commercialized into civic holiday with
significant revenue potential for merchants, bars, etc. I think it runs third
to Christmas and "Black Friday" as a shopping day for the mindless consumption
of Chinese imports that are discarded in two or three weeks.

 How did Halloween get out of control?

Sam Anson, NJ