[rollei_list] Re: Tessar vs Tessar;

  • From: Jerry Friedman <tinycameraco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 04:59:02 -0700 (PDT)

Once again, I find your explanation excellent. I was not aware of that great a
known diversity within the Tessar ranks. One Tessar that i have which is really
amazingly good is the B@L Tessar on a National Graflex II that I picked up a
while ago for fun. The lens lacks the contrast one would want in a modern lens
but it resolves well. The camera itself is really a trip. It is fun to use but
only for the masochist in me. How Graflex expected this camera to sell is
beyond me. It it, without a doubt, the slowest using camera that i have ever
used. But, folded up, it is compact..... I keep having this dream of a camera
about two inches on a side producing an imade about 6x6cm.  Of course, before
that I was busy looking for a Minox that could produce a mural.

Jerry F.

http://mail.yahoo.com