[rollei_list] Tele Rolleiflex questions

  • From: Joe B <joe-b@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:02:52 +0000

I've read everything I can find on the (original) Tele Rolleiflex and am
aware of the various complaints people have about the design, but I
didn't get a sense of what the camera feels like in use, how good the
lens is, or exactly how much degradation if any is caused by using the
Rolleinar .35. I'm wondering if it might work well for some non-portrait
applications, like landscape/cityscape, street photography, and other
subjects that may spontaneously arise. Lacking a moving mirror and thus
having no mirror shock or noise it appeals to me, at least on paper,
much more than a MF SLR.

Do people who have used it like the lens, and the look of the images it
produces? Does it feel good in the hands? Can you walk down the street
with one of these and expect to get some pictures as you might with most
fixed-lens cameras, or is this a relatively fiddly and slow camera in
use? Sorry, these are the best questions I could come up with! Any
feedback or experiences could be very useful. Thanks,

Joe B.

PS- are the lens hood and Rolleinar mutually exclusive or can both be
used together?