[rollei_list] Summary (OT: Enlargers/darkroom (again) (longish))

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 00:04:01 +0100

Once again,

thanks *very* much to all the people who contributed and gave me their advice.

I spoke to the photographer this afternoon and closed the deal, will drive up and pick up my 'new' DeVere 504 and the rest of the gear on Saturday.

Later this evening I attended a photo exhibiton with some beautiful prints of beautiful women. After admiring the compositions, lighting, and great shape the models were in, I asked about the techniques used. Hasselblad 500 series with original (old) digital back, Epson inkjet printer. The prints were *really* nice, beautiful tones and loads of detail, and many were huge (like 1.5 x 2 metres). I had a few misgivings as to if I'm doing the right thing by paying money for a traditional darkroom, but the feeling passed. Luckily.

I'm looking forward to Saturday :-).

Cheers,
Thor