[rollei_list] Re: Scanning Slides a general question

  • From: "Roger Wiser" <rwiser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 15:39:09 -0600

Don, thank you for your earlier response. I have an Epson V300 Scanner with one template that has:

4- 2x2 openings for mounted slides.
a slot for 35mm negs in a strip about 9"" long

As you know when you scan slides the white backing on the cover must be removed so that the light opening on the cover is over the slides and will shine through them. The opening in my V300 cover is only 40mm wide not enough for the 120 mounted slides that expose about 54mm. My old Epson Perfection 3170 had a light opening of 70mm which was to accommodate 2 rows of 35mm film which would be more than enough for 120 negatives for which they also have a bottom template. It would be easy to make a bottom template for 120 on the V300 but it would not seem to have enough light on the cover for the width.

I have not given scanning slides 35mm a real try on my V300 that I will do. Both scanners are in the $100 range and probably are not the best,

Roger

----- Original Message ----- From: Don Williams