[rollei_list] SL66 use of tilt....

  • From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 12:30:54 -0700

I'm a relative newbie with the SL66.  So far I've gotten some great images
with it but have not put it through it's paces in terms of using the tilt
feature.  To be honest I would have gotten a Hassy 501CM if I felt I did not
need the tilt, but for landscape work I definitely feel I will be using it.
One of my all-time photography heroes is the late Barry Thornton and it was
mostly through his writing and photography that influenced me to get an
SL66.  When I bought it (with an 80/2.8) I did get the Schl----fl---gh chart
but have misplaced it during an office move (I know where it is but not
which of 10 boxes).  From what I've read about how to do tilt with the SL66
in the camera's original manual it seems easy enough but when I try to apply
it I cannot seem to get it to snap into a nice, deep DOF which it is
supposed to do.  Is there an online article anywhere that goes into using
this feature in more detail, or perhaps some of you would be so kind to
offer so tips and pointers?

Thanks,

Richard S.