[rollei_list] Re: SL66 sighting (I think)

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 10:20:08 -0800

It's;
http://www.hennesseyingalls.com/hennessey/

From some of the shots, it appears he's an acquaintance of the Westons. Yet another SL66 family.

The only camera shop that I know of that ilk, which even surpasses Stewart's, is Terry's Camera in Long Beach.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center
http://sdimitrovphoto.com

On Jan 8, 2006, at 9:58 AM, keith_w wrote:

Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:

Yesterday, I was going through photo books at the usual hang in Santa Monica. By chance I looked through Ronald Wohlauer book. In it, he had two self portraits with a camera on a tripod. Though the camera wasn't very clear, it sure looked like an early SL66.
Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center
http://sdimitrovphoto.com

Is that a book store or a camera store, Slobodan?
Being in Venice, and having visited Stewart's (Photo & Sound) on the edge of the 3rd Street Mall for so many years, I'm really out of water with any of the other stores in the vicinity.
I'm still looking for a Stewart's replacement, and dispairing of finding any!

Suggestions?

keith whaley