[rollei_list] Re: Rolleinar 1 or Crop for Portraiture?

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 11:02:12 -0400

I agree. There is a significant different between shooting with a rolleinar
and cropping, and that difference is perspective as Emmanuel exhaustively
explains ;-). You will see a difference in how the face is drawn with the
two approaches.

That said, there have been wonderful examples of heads shot by many of our
group members using both approaches. One of our group members, Sanders
McNew, shoots a tele with rolleinar, which could still maintain a
traditional camera to head distance depending upon which rolleinar is used.
I use a .70 with my tele and like the results.

Eric Goldstein