[rollei_list] Re: Rolleimarin Conundrum! [Apology]

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 12:30:36 +0000

Don,

The parts do not have any real value by themselves unless someone wants them!
The problem is that they could get thrown away because someone did not want
them anymore or did not know what they were. The remaining supply becomes more
valuable and harder to source. It is like the gearing turrets, many have been
lost or thrown away because they became separated from the housings. People
will pay up to £100 to get one...

If a housing is being sold to be used then they are useful, but only if the
ones on the housing are suspect. I would probably offer those as an extra cost
item to the purchaser but you do not really want to be left with them either,
so it would be worth negotiating...

The focus knob cover is more of a desirable item, especially if you have the
little box for the meter unit when it is taken off the camera.

I have no real idea what they are worth but I would think that the set of seals
could be up to £40 or £50 and the cover probably £10 to £30

Best wishes

John

On 23/11/2012 18:25, "Don Williams" <dwilli10@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry folks,

I sent an inquiry about spares I would like to include when selling my
Rolleimarin 4 and 3.F and sent it to the group instead of just the seller of
the parts, John Wild.  I didn't notice it until my message was being sent.

The buyer is asking for a firm price and I thought it would be appropriate to
include some important spares to him since I can't find my spares travel box.

DAW