[rollei_list] Re: Rolleikin and Vision3 ECN2

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 19:09:32 -0500

At 04:33 PM 5/12/2012, Carlos wrote, in part:
PS(OT): I changed my PC today and migrated from XP to W7, I bought a
machine with pre-installed W7 and MOffice full, I feared a lot of
problems to install my old software but I was wrong, migration was
fast and easy. It was almost incredible I needn't to configure
Internet, I only connected the cable modem to the Ethernet port and
internet started to work automatically, I had no problems to install
my old PSE 2.0 that came with the scanner and PS 6, they are working
right, I only needed to upgrade the Epson 4490 driver from the Epson
site, VueScan is working right too. I'm writing from my new machine, I
comment this because I delayed the migration fearing the very
discussed compatibility issues but the only problem was with the
scanner driver.

Which specific version of Windows 7 did you buy? I am interested in being able to use a nice Canoscan scanner but it doesn't have a Windows 7 driver. It will run on my laptop on XP but not on the new HP with Win 7 home premium pre-installed on it. Microsoft offers an upgrade to Windows 7 that you can buy, then download a supplementary program that emulates Windows XP. Not sure I want to go to that expense without knowing that it would run the scanner. My Canoscan is the only one I see, within reason, that scans flat objects, books, and 35mm and 2 1/4 slides and negatives. It worked fine for years on XP and I have a bunch of scans to do yet, primarily 2 1/4".

I wish Microsoft would stop helping us so much.

DAW