[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex lens hood size question

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 04:03:45 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Rylance" <tkr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 3:24 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Rolleiflex lens hood size question

I have just received what the eBay seller described as a Bay II lens hood. Unfortunately it does not fit on my 3.5F, which seems to want a hood with an internal diameter of 42mm whereas the hood I have is only 37.5mm.

It would be nice to tell the seller what the hood actually is when I return it. There are no markings on the hood other than the "Rollei F&H" in white script on the black metal part of the hood. The box says "Rolleiflex" and "Rolleicord" and not "II Planar Xenotar 3.5". I guess it must be Bay I?

Is there a web page/mailing list posting/book that lists the physical sizes of the various Rollei bayonets? I didn't find anything very useful, but maybe I asked Google the wrong question.

Tim Rylance, Bath UK

FWIW, I measured the inside diameter of a lens shade for a 3.5 Automat or Roleicord, its 37.5mm, so I think yor are right, the guy sent you the wrong one. I have two and both are marked the way yours is, no size designation. The shade for my 2.8E has R III on it.

--- Rollei List